My oh my today I turn twenty-five.
I have informed family and friends that this is my last official birthday. I plan on being twenty-five forever.
Twenty-five seems pretty significant for some reason. Maybe I feel like I am finally old enough to be taken serious? Or maybe I just like that the next time someone asks if I'm in high school I can spout off-- "Actually, I'm twenty-five". Either way, it just sounds good.
Twenty-five is going to be big year and I decided to make a list of the things that I am loving and grateful for in this time of my life.
25 Things That Are Great About Being 25
1. Youth. I may not be sixteen anymore, but I'm still considered young and free to be a little wild.
2. A young marriage and few responsibilities (ahem "no children"). This is it. Once we have real jobs, a house, kids--this "carefree" season is over.
3. I can revert back to being a helpless child when visiting my mom and it is still totally okay.
4. I'm not yet too old to stop reading Young Adult fiction. Right?
5. Still got that fast metabolism. Thank you, Lord!
6. I do not own anything that is of real worth so it is easy to not put value in my belongings.
7. My brother is one of my besties and our fighting no longer consists of being pinned down and tickled til I pee. Truth.
8. Minimal skin care routine. Or more like "what is a skin care routine?"
9. Sleeping in past eight is still acceptable. Got to get that beauty rest!
10. Date night can be pizza and Netflix instead of getting dolled up to go out somewhere pricey.
11. My frontal lobe is fully developed....rational thought is a good thing.
12. I know who my friends are. No new ones need apply (jk).
13. Staying out late now consists of no later than 11pm and that is perfectly okay with me.
14. I can finally rent a car!
15. Two-piece swimsuits are to be expected. Enough said.
16. I still get carded. It was once annoying, but now I kind of enjoy it.
17. I am actually old enough to have a teeny bit of wisdom to share with others now. Just a bit.
18. My parents are my friends. The secrets from childhood can come out now.
19. I am grateful for my travel opportunities in the past and so look forward to many more.
20. I know myself pretty well. My insecurities are slowly falling away and I am happy to be who I have become.
21. I can love my dog as a child and it's considered to be just my pre-maternal instincts kicking in.
22. I no longer get "you're cray" looks when I tell people I'm married to my handsome hubs. 25 is a much more respectable marrying age than 22, apparently.
23. My hopes and dreams are starting to take shape and yet there is still so much more ahead than there is behind.
24. I am finally beginning to understand the depth of God's love for me. Just beginning...
25. This is just the tip of the iceberg of a whole new season of life.
"This is the day the Lord has made, I will be glad and rejoice in it" (Ps. 118:24)