Sunday, April 13, 2014

His plan.

As I have been sharing, J and are at a really exciting turning point. I graduate in a little less than a month and J will become a fourth year. We are on the cusp of big changes. Exciting changes. We are about to say hello to a lot more life and a whole lot less studying.

A couple weeks ago J took the first part of his boards for school. This weekend I took a big national exam that is the first step towards becoming a licensed counselor (after I get that M.S. behind my name, of course). It is a little anxiety provoking since we won't know for a couple months if either one of us passed, but I have faith. God has brought us this far and I truly believe we are doing what He wants us to be doing -- right now. As for the future...I have no idea. I'm just walking in faith.

 I kinda hope I get to keep using my counseling skills because I really love being a therapist. I also know that there is a great possibility that God has prepared me for an entirely different line of work and that fifty years from now I will reflect back on a path nothing like what I envisioned. Isn't that best thing about our God though? He plants seeds in our hearts and leads us certain ways, however our plans are never to the magnitude that His are for us. I can already see certain ways that my plans totally sucked in comparison to the way he led me (like marrying J...definitely God's plan, not mine).  I love it.

Have you already seen ways that your life plans paled in comparison to what God worked out for you? I hope so!

3 comments:

  1. SOOOO excited for you!! As someone just starting the MFT process, I understand what it means to graduate and start on those hours!! So happy for you friend:) xoxo Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO many exciting things coming up for y'all!! Praying for you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I'm so excited for you- You're almost DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL!!! :-) I know how hard you have worked at this throughout the past through years, you must be so excited!!!

    xoxo A

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!